Welcome

It's been awhile seen I have blogged. Life got a little busy when my family kept growing. I now have three under 4 years. I wouldn't trade any of them for the world, even on days that I can't seem to catch a break.

When I first started my blog it was mainly to write about digital scrapbooking but I have moved on to other areas. I still love it but can't really do it like I had in the past. I have also learned to crochet and that has really taken over my life! Never thought it would.

I would like to keep my blog open but for all of my crafts. I think I might even learn something else who knows. Hope you stick around.

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Getting Back into the Grove of Things

It's been awhile since I have posted anything. I recently had another baby boy and thank God he is a healthy happy little guy.

My precious munchkins one afternoon shortly before Christmas.
Some of the things that I have been up to since my last visit has been learning to crochet.  I had been wanting to learn to crochet since my niece was born and someone gave her a BEAUTIFUL crocheted blanket. But I did not know anyone around me who knew how. I began making hair bows for my darling little girl and came a cross a link that showed you how to make a crocheted flower. I thought the flower was absolutely GORGEOUS and when I was reading over the link on how to make this flower I discovered they had a You Tube video on how to make it. I thought I had died and gone to heaven!! The following day I had all the things I needed gathered and learned from that video!!! And it snowballed from there! Did you know that you can learn just about anything you want to from wonderful, generous people that make videos to teach people how do things??? Anytime I needed to learn a new stitch or forgot how to do one I went and did a search on You Tube. Since then I have made blankets, hats, scarfs, booties and of course more flowers! And like any crocheter or knitter will tell you I have my very own yarn stash!! You can never have enough YARN!
Here are some of the hats I've made!

This is my youngest son modeling a hat I made without a pattern and I am so proud of it. The pic was taken by a wonderful friend and photographer, MeriBella.


I made this from a pattern but decided to add a scarf to it
I love the ears on this one!
Guess what else I learned to do from You Tube? I have made polymer clay handles for my hooks and love my new hooks!! I do not know how I crocheted without that supportive handle!

Something else I have been up to...have you heard of Pinterest?? It's great place to get ideas for a wide range of things. Recipes, crochet, knit, crafts, scrapbooking, home decor and SO much more. Feel free to follow me! The link is just under my profile on the the right! Check it out!

No comments: